- 20MP Full-Frame CMOS Sensor
- DIGIC X Image Processor
- 4K60p and FHD 120p 10-Bit Internal Video
- Sensor-Shift 5-Axis Image Stabilization
- 12 fps Mech. Shutter, 20 fps E. Shutter
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF II with 1053 Points
- 0.5″ 3.69m-Dot OLED EVF
- 3″ 1.62m-Dot Vari-Angle Touchscreen LCD
- Subject Tracking with Deep Learning
- Dual SD UHS-II Memory Card Slots
For the everyday shooter with high demands, the Canon EOS R6 is a versatile tool to meet the photo and video requirements of a contemporary imaging workflow. This full-frame mirrorless camera revolves around a refined 20MP CMOS sensor and DIGIC X processor, which afford quick shooting up to 12 fps, apt 4K60 video recording, and wide-ranging sensitivity to ISO 102400. It also sports 5-axis in-body image stabilization to help steady shots when working in low-light conditions.
As a do-everything, highly versatile camera, the R6 also employs the sensor and processor for robust focusing performance. Dual Pixel CMOS AF offers quick, smooth, and intelligent focusing using 1053 selectable points that cover the entire field of view. This focusing system has also been updated to make use of Deep Learning technology for improved subject tracking as well as precise eye, face, and head-detection for both people and animals.
Complementing the imaging capabilities, the R6 sports a bright and detailed 0.5″ 3.69m-dot electronic viewfinder, with a high 120 fps refresh rate, and a rear 3.0″ 1.62m-dot touchscreen LCD with a vari-angle design to accommodate vlogging needs as well as benefit working from high and low angles. Additionally, dual SD UHS-II memory card slots offer flexible storage and there is of course Bluetooth and Wi-Fi for wireless sharing and remote camera control.
20MP Full-Frame Sensor and DIGIC X Processor
4K60 and Full HD 120 Video Recording
Dual Pixel CMOS AF II
Subject tracking has also been benefitted through the use of Deep Learning technology, which helps to gradually refine the focusing system’s ability to quickly and accurately recognize both people and animal subjects. This technology also supports the more refined eye, face, and head detection functions, for both people and animals, that are well-suited for portraiture applications.
Sensor-Shift Image Stabilizer
Body Design and Wireless Connectivity
- High-resolution 3.69m-dot 0.5″ electronic viewfinder provides a bright and detailed means for eye-level viewing and the quick 120 fps refresh rate offers natural motion rendering for a more realistic viewfinder experience.
- Rear 3.0″ 1.62m-dot LCD touchscreen features a vari-angle design that benefits front-facing recording, such as for vlogging needs, as well as working from high and low shooting angles.
- Dual SD UHS-II memory card slots are featured for flexible storage needs.
- Both a 3.5mm headphone and a 3.5mm external microphone port are featured for improved audio monitoring and recording capabilities.
- Refined body design incorporates four distinct control dials across the body for intuitive tactile control and a joystick controller is used on the back of the camera for fast and intuitive focus point selection and menu navigation.
- Durable, weather-sealed body design is built to handle tough working conditions and inclement weather.
- 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi is available for fast file transferring to a mobile device and Bluetooth is present to provide constant device connection via the Canon Camera Connect app.
Canon R6 Specs
|Lens Mount||Canon RF|
|Sensor Type||36 x 24 mm (Full-Frame) CMOS|
|Sensor Resolution||Actual: 21.4 Megapixel
Effective: 20.1 Megapixel (5472 x 3648)
|Aspect Ratio||1:1, 4:3, 16:9|
|Image File Format||JPEG, Raw, HEIF|
|Image Stabilization||Sensor-Shift, 5-Axis|
|ISO Sensitivity||Auto, 100 to 102400 (Extended: 100 to 204800)|
|Shutter Speed||Mechanical Shutter
1/8000 to 30 Seconds
Electronic Front Curtain Shutter
1/8000 to 30 Seconds
1/8000 to 0.5 Seconds
|Metering Method||Center-Weighted Average, Evaluative, Partial, Spot|
|Exposure Modes||Aperture Priority, Auto, Manual, Program, Shutter Priority|
|Exposure Compensation||-3 to +3 EV (1/3, 1/2 EV Steps)|
|Metering Range||-3 to 20 EV|
|White Balance||Auto, Cloudy, Color Temperature, Custom, Daylight, Flash, Fluorescent (White), Shade, Tungsten|
|Continuous Shooting||Mechanical Shutter
Up to 12 fps at 20 MP for up to 1000 Frames (JPEG) / 240 Frames (Raw)
Up to 20 fps at 20 MP for up to 1000 Frames (JPEG) / 240 Frames (Raw)
|Recording Modes||H.265 4:2:2 10-Bit
UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) at 23.976p/29.97p/59.94p [170 to 340 Mb/s]
Full HD (1920 x 1080) at 23.976p/29.97p/59.94p/119.88p [28 to 180 Mb/s]
H.264 4:2:0 8-Bit
UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) at 23.976p/29.97p/59.94p [120 to 230 Mb/s]
Full HD (1920 x 1080) at 23.976p/29.97p/59.94p/119.88p [12 to 120 Mb/s]
|External Recording Modes||4:2:2 10-Bit
UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) up to 59.94p
|Recording Limit||Up to 29 Minutes, 59 Seconds|
|Audio Recording||Built-In Microphone (Stereo)
External Microphone Input
|Audio File Format||AAC, Linear PCM|
|Focus Type||Auto and Manual Focus|
|Focus Mode||Continuous-Servo AF (C), Manual Focus (M), Single-Servo AF (S)|
|Autofocus Points||Phase Detection: 1053|
|Autofocus Sensitivity||-6.5 to +20 EV|
|Viewfinder Type||Electronic (OLED)|
|Viewfinder Resolution||3,690,000 Dot|
|Viewfinder Eye Point||23 mm|
|Viewfinder Magnification||Approx. 0.76x|
|Diopter Adjustment||-4 to +2|
|Display Type||Free-Angle Tilting Touchscreen LCD|
|Maximum Sync Speed||1/250 Second|
|Flash Compensation||-3 to +3 EV (1/3, 1/2 EV Steps)|
|Dedicated Flash System||eTTL|
|External Flash Connection||Hot Shoe|
|Media/Memory Card Slot||Dual Slot: SD/SDHC/SDXC (UHS-II)|
|Connectivity||USB Type-C (USB 3.1), HDMI D (Micro), 3.5mm Headphone, 3.5mm Microphone|
|Operating Temperature||32 to 104°F / 0 to 40°C|
|Operating Humidity||0 to 85%|
|Battery||1 x LP-E6NH Rechargeable Lithium-Ion|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||5.43 x 3.84 x 3.48″ / 138 x 97.5 x 88.4 mm|
|Weight||1.5 lb / 680 g (Body with Battery and Memory)|
|Package Weight||3 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||11 x 8.9 x 5.9″|